Every day is a new beginning, take a deep breath and start again.....

Every day is a new beginning, take a deep breath and start again.....

miércoles, 3 de julio de 2013

ASSIGNMENT #1

Literature like any of the arts is a personal reflection of a society. It helps to understand or know social ideas, emotional status, or just the point of view of the people. In my opinion, it is an internal voice produced by the thought processes around it. Also, I believe that there different kind of writers who are able to capture or create stories and they reach deeply into the human spirit in order to develop wonderful books.


In this course I would like to know more about American culture and literature. It is difficult to capture all the ideas, but I will make the effort to learn, know and internalize everything that happened in this important moment in history. When I read the syllabus I could realize how important elements make up this part of the story and how each of them takes a key role as the course progresses.


Honestly, last year when I heard about literature, it was not very nice but over time I began to realize that when you know the literature from the deepest this is a beautiful thing to learn.


Since I have 6 years I have read different kinds of books, novels, cartoons, fables, stories, etc. As time passed, I understood the real meaning to read and how much the books could teach and guide me in my growth process. At school, I had to read books every month and more than a pleasure, it became boring and tedious. Despite, when I was young I started reading interesting books for my age which drew me many lessons but when I finished my high school I did not read again until now.


During this time I have developed an enjoyment for literature, especially romance novels, being one of my favorite Pride and Prejudice written by Jane Austen. She was a British writer who was a pioneer of the genre, romance novels. In broad terms, this is a literary genre and its primary focus is on relationships between two people who are in love. Besides, happy endings are the most expected and desired.


The stories transfer me to a parallel world where everything is possible. They make me feel like I am escaping from my life into a world, where everything works out in the end, with happy and fantastic results. It seems like I could leave for a moment this earthly world that goes beyond dream things. However, these kinds of stories have a plot, characters, context, etc. like any book that will be developed through different situations. In addition, these novels help me to believe that a better world is possible if we fight for.


These recent years, I think I have developed a very positive thinking about literature. I am an optimistic and hopeful person who believes that writers of every generation will bring their own gifts, thoughts and ideas to the world through literature.

0 comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

 

Nelson Mandela.

Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world!

Albert Einstein.

Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world, and all there ever will be to know and understand.-