Every day is a new beginning, take a deep breath and start again.....

Every day is a new beginning, take a deep breath and start again.....

lunes, 25 de octubre de 2010

Chile Bicentennial



In Chile the people celebrated “Bicentennial” because we have been independent for two hundred years. On September 18th , 1810 the Chilean made a meeting called “Primera Junta Nacional de Gobierno”; Mr. Mateo de Toro y Zambrano was the President at this meeting, and since day we celebrated own independence.
Another important day is on September 19th because in Santiago at Parque O`Higgins the Chilean people they celebrate “Dia de las Glorias del Ejercito” and for this reason we performed the military parade, here the soldiers of the Army parade according to each military school.

In those days the people did many activities with their families or friends. Also Children played Trompo, kite flying, playing greasy pole and catch the pig.
I celebrated “Fiestas Patrias” first with my friends and after with my family.
On Friday 17th at night I went to the “Fonda” called “Donde Mea la Negra”, here my friends and I bought some things to drink like Terremotos, Chichas, Jotes, Navegados, etc. We also ate foods such as Anticuchos, Empanadas, Choripan, Mote con Huesillos, etc. These are all typical Chilean food and drink and people eat them very often. They are delicious. If you have the ability to eat and drink it, do it! It was so good the party that ended at 6:00 am on Saturday 18th. The same day was the parade of children and institutions in the main square of the town of Molina. I went to Molina with my mom and my sisters, whose names are Fernanda and Kattia. We went to see my dad because he was singing in the Choir Radal de Molina", they are a group of adults who meet every week to rehearse songs and the choir are presented on different occasions in the community, and on this occasion they sang the National Anthem and Anthem of Chile with a group of High School Students. When the parade ended we went to Curico, and ate lunch, Empanadas made by my mom. In the afternoon the same day, my dad cooked meat for the barbeque for the family where we had a nice moment.
September 19th, my dad work, but my sisters and I got up very late. We had lunch again empanadas. After this we rested and at 3:00 pm started the parade of this year, so we saw all the presentations before the official parade. For example, 200 people marched with 200 flags of Chile, some young people and children dancing "Cueca" our national dance, and finally soldiers paraded.
The last one day of activities,on 20th September, the Navy and Air Force of Chile made an activity called "Revista Aerea y Naval", here they showed aircraft, submarines, ships, etc. that Chile has in this moment.
That was my celebration of the bicentennial of Chile. I hope you have enjoyed our great and beautiful celebration.

0 comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

 

Nelson Mandela.

Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world!

Albert Einstein.

Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world, and all there ever will be to know and understand.-